Health Benefits of TofuFeb 01, 2016Published by Wendy
The classification of tofu depends on what kind of coagulant is used. The south tofu is used gypsum as a coagulant, while the north tofu is used brine as a coagulant. South tofu contains more moisture; it is suitable for making soup; the north tofu, that is, we often say old tofu, because its moisture content is not high, it is more suitable for decocting, frying, and boiling.
There are more than ten nutrition of tofu; one of the most important is the protein. It contains more than 34% protein in every 100g tofu inside. So, eating tofu is very beneficial to our health.
Health Benefits of tofu.
1. Energy levels: minerals such as iron and selenium help the body to maintain high energy levels.
2. Strong muscles: the high quality, easily digestible proteins enables the body to develop strong, healthy muscles. It also supports the development of healthy membranes, tissues and cells.
3. Bones and teeth: the rich calcium content in soya curd supports healthy bones and teeth.
4. Osteoporosis: calcium rich foods help to prevent osteoporosis, a disease that is characterized by gradual loss in bone density. This increases the risk of bone fractures. The food is also rich in isoflavones which helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Preview：What About Soy milk
- Next：The Healthiest Way to Eat Garlic